of users Android They have a privacy option that allows them to protect pages opened in incognito mode in the browser google chromeBy restricting your access to your main lock screen fingerprint or pin.
This is a tool that is in the testing phase, but anyone can access it through the process. Something that is already available iOS But unlike the customers iPhone They can access it using facial recognition, among other options.
This feature is expected to be open to all phones Android in future.
You may be interested in:
Here’s how to turn on the lock in incognito mode
It’s a long process and it’s in English, so it’s important to read and follow the instructions carefully to set it up without any problems. The first steps are:
1. Open it Chrome on a mobile device.
2. Copy and paste this link into your browser: chrome://flags/#incognito-reauthentication-for-android.
3. Select the Available button.
4. Look for the option “Enable device re-authorization for Incognito”.
5. Press the reset button.
At this time, the application will close and restart automatically. Then the second part needs to be done to configure the function:
1. Go to Settings > Privacy & Security.
2. Activate the option “Lock incognito tabs when leaving Chrome”.
3. Finally, you will verify the fingerprint or PIN used on the lock screen.
Although this is a lengthy process, once activated, no changes need to be made and it will remain active for future versions. Chrome in Android.
This tool allows you to open the page in incognito mode and change the application or go to the home screen, when you want to return, you must enter one of two authentication methods.
This configuration will only affect tabs that are used in this mode, as tabs that are normally open will still be visible without the previous security screen.
You may be interested in:
Passkey, a way to avoid using passwords in Chrome
This tool will support both web browser and mobile device application. Googlewhich strives to simplify login on any platform.
Passkeys are a significantly safer replacement for passwords and other phishing authentication factors. They cannot be reused, do not leak on server breaches and protect users from phishing attacks.
Support password Enables key capabilities for cross-platform passwordless login for Android and Chrome developers, including:
– Allow users to create and use access keys (key) On Android devices (securely synced via Google Password Manager)
– Let developers add support access keys (key) on your websites in Chrome using the WebAuthn API, on Android and other platforms.
The the keys Back up and sync cloud To prevent blocking if the device they were created on is lost and can be used to access websites from an Android device or access websites from another device.
Source: Info Bae